Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Project Tango: Part 2

Now that I've done my due diligence in warning the world their privacy is at risk it's time to get excited about how cool the technology is.



If you haven't watched the Quadcopter TED Talk go ahead and pause your day until you've done that. Trust me, it's worth it. Really the only limiting factor to the demo is that you need a camera and a computer to do the calculations. From what I can tell, very little of the processing happens on the quad itself.

Now come back and watch the Project Tango intro video (sparse on details, but really cool concept).

And now think about combining the two of them!


The processing power available in a relatively light weight smartphone is incredible, and I feel like it would be a great addition to the demo in the TED talk.

Totally within our grasp, who knows when it will actually happen. I can dream, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment